Welcome! We are glad you are here! If this is your first visit, be sure to Subscribe to DIY Tag by Email.
Which social media do you usually use? Let's get connected there: Like our Facebook page, Follow our Pinboard, or Join our Google+ Circle!
Simple way to make pancakes from mashed potatoes. Great for leftover mashed potatoes from a big thanksgiving family dinner, or make your fresh mashed potatoes just for these cheesy and yummy pancakes. What you will need for this recipe
- 3 cups chilled mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions, green and white parts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for pan-frying
- Sour cream for serving
- Take the cheese, egg, scallions, mashed potatoes and flour and stir them together until combined. If the mixture doesn’t hold together, add more egg. If the mixture looks too wet, add more flour.
- Divide the mixture in small portions, roll each portion into a ball and flatten each ball into small pancakes.
- Powder each pancake with flour.
- Pour enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan and heat over medium.
- Fry the pancakes for 3-4 minutes until each is crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- When done, transfer each pancake on a paper towel and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Serve the pancakes garnished with chopped scallions and sour cream.