Welcome! We are glad you are here! If this is your first visit, be sure to Subscribe to DIY Tag by Email.
Which social media do you usually use? Let's get connected there: Like our Facebook page, Follow our Pinboard, or Join our Google+ Circle!
I love these beautiful floating shelves. They look stylish, as they give a impression that they are floating in the air. You can use these shelves to add your personality to your empty wall.
To make such a DIY floating shelf, you will need
- 1 x 3 wood for the main part of the shelves
- a small sheet of underlayment (5mm) for the tops of the shelves
- hex bolts and washers- 4 per shelf (for the fronts)
- 2 inch wood screws- 4 per shelf (for the backs)
- 1 x 2 wood for the shelf braces
- Stain (optional)
- 3 inch drywall screws (2-3 per shelf)
- finishing nails
Keep reading detailed step by step instructions…