Welcome! We are glad you are here! If this is your first visit, be sure to Subscribe to DIY Tag by Email.
Which social media do you usually use? Let's get connected there: Like our Facebook page, Follow our Pinboard, or Join our Google+ Circle!
Mosquitoes spread deadly diseases. When you see mosquitoes, kill them as you can. If there are a lot of mosquitoes, you may consider getting a mosquito trap. this do-it-yourself mosquito trap is a simple and cheap yet working solution. What you will need
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 gram of yeast
- 1 2-liter coke bottle
Step by step instructions:
- Cut the coke bottle in half.
- Melt brown sugar with hot water. After the solution cools down, pour it in the bottom half of the bottle.
- Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
- Place the top funnel part of the bottle, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
- Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in a dark area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to black color.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control. An alternative is to get a commercial mosquito trap that guaranteed to work.