Welcome! We are glad you are here! If this is your first visit, be sure to Subscribe to DIY Tag by Email.
Which social media do you usually use? Let's get connected there: Like our Facebook page, Follow our Pinboard, or Join our Google+ Circle!
Having a fire pit in your backyard adds a lot of fun. But do you know that you can build your own DIY fire pit easily? Don’t worry if you don’t know. I have found a great DIY tutorial from Manmade DIY here to teach how to build DIY concrete fire pit from scratch. What you will need for this concrete fire pit project are
- Concrete mix
- One extra-large bowl for exterior mold (ours was 17″ diameter)
- One large bowl for interior mold (ours was 15″ diameter)
- Non-stick cooking spray, or vegetable oil and paint brush
- Large bucket for mixing
- Medium-duty masonry trowel
- Proper safety gear for working with concrete:
- 3M Tekk Protection N95-rated dust mask for sanding and grinding
- Safety glasses or goggles
- Refinishing or work gloves
- Plastic or reusable drop cloth
- Heavy objects such as exercise weights (or you can use the rocks below)
- Sandpaper or sanding pad in coarse and fine grits
- Gel fireplace fuel canisters
- Replacement grill grate (ours was 14 1/2″ diameter)
- Fire safe decorative stones
See how gorgeous this fire pit is.
Now it’s your turn to build you fire pit and share the picture with us.