Welcome! We are glad you are here! If this is your first visit, be sure to Subscribe to DIY Tag by Email.
Which social media do you usually use? Let's get connected there: Like our Facebook page, Follow our Pinboard, or Join our Google+ Circle!
This DIY Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Crescent Braid Recipe works really well especially when you need something to feed the family quick. You can make this broccoli cheddar chicken braid in less than one hour. It doesn’t cost much to prepare and yet it is quite delicious.
- 2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups chicken chunks, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli, frozen, steamed and chopped
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- fresh rosemary
Here is how you make the broccoli cheddar chicken braid
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spread both cans of crescents length wise to form a long rectangle, and press each of the seams to form a single layer of dough.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, cheese, broccoli and mayonnaise
Spread mixture over the center of the croissant dough evenly to create a log.
- Using a sharp knife, cut horizontal strips 1 inch apart down each side of the crescent dough.
- Fold the dough strips over the top of the chicken mixture, alternating left and right to create a braid.
- Brush the top of the braid with a beaten egg yolk and sprinkle fresh rosemary on top.
- Bake for 28 – 30 minutes until your dish turns golden brown.
Image credit: Praktic ideas